Want to help the world with emerge poverty free?
If you’re a student and looking to make your mark on the world by changing people’s lives for the better, you’ve come to the right place. There are many ways you can help emerge poverty free’s network of projects, whilst simultaneously gaining skills, meeting new people and having fun. The contribution made by students is invaluable, and we’re looking for your energy, enthusiasm and imagination to make a lasting impact that you will be able to witness, no matter how large or small your contribution.
- Warwick University: Students took part in an 8 hour spin cycle session raising vital funds for street children in Burundi!
- East London University: Students held a Hollywood themed party for 200 students in March 2013, to raise money for our street children project.
If there isn’t any action at your school or university yet, why not get the ball rolling through our Student Ambassador scheme?
Why becoming an ambassador is so great:
- You will improve your presentation, interpersonal and organisation skills.
- Boosts your CV and skill sets, which will be extremely beneficial in the jobs market
- Opportunity to gain direct experience within the charities/international development sector while still at school and develop an understanding of how a charity functions
- Improves organisational and leadership skills, organising events
- Really impressive achievement to put on your personal statement for a range of subjects: International Development, Geography, Economics, International Relations, Social Sciences, Charity Development, Finance, Financial management, Business and Management and so many more
- Can act as part of the community action aspect of D of E
- Become part of a growing network of like-minded young people like themselves, social media groups and involvement in a new community
- Networking events with other ambassadors, beneficiaries and trustees of the charity
- Preference in internship applications
- Directly help families in east Africa, helping people emerge from poverty and achieve the UN development goals
At emerge poverty free we believe that nobody should have to live in poverty for a lifetime, and we aim to make a lasting difference tackling poverty around the world. Whether you share our passion or have never done anything like this before, there are loads of ways for you to get involved. By helping raise awareness about emerge poverty free’s work, you can help fund our projects around the world through events, campaigns or expeditions.
Ambassadors are required to:
- Be enrolled in an academic institution, acting as an intermediary between emerge poverty free and the student community
- Have passion and enthusiasm to help break the cycle of poverty.
- Take action with fundraising and campaigns at your university and create a buzz!
So what are you waiting for? Download an application form here
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to involve your school or university.